The Special Economic Zone Authority at Duqm (SEZAD) is a government agency that was established pursuant to Royal Decree No. 119 of 2011 and entrusted with the powers and responsibilities of developing and administering the Zone to become a regional maritime and transit-trade hub, an important complex for export-oriented industries, and an attractive tourism destination on the Arabian Sea.
Also to this effect, the Government of the Sultanate of Oman has invested substantial public funds and executed several strategic projects to unlock the economic potential of the Zone including: a multi-purpose commercial port, a state-of-the-art dry-dock facility for ship maintenance, a power plant, a water desalination facility and several connecting roads.
The Zone offers an attractive package of investment incentives and tax cuts that aim at enhancing the business environment for the private sector and improve its competitive standing which include:
- Easy and facilitated access to land based on long term leases and reduced rates.
- Removal of any restrictions on foreign ownership and minimum investment capital; waiver/reduction of corporate tax and customs duties.
- This is in addition to nationally applicable incentives such as the waiver of personal income tax, convertibility of currency, and the full repatriation of investment capital and profits.
SEZAD is hereby inviting qualified private sector companies of either Omani or foreign nationality to participate in the development of the Zone in the field of "site development, promotion and management" to enhance the readiness of the Zone and its business offer towards end users and in targeted economic sectors; namely:
- Industrial estates
- Warehousing and logistics villages
- Tourist villages and resorts
- Commercial, office and residential complexes
Accordingly, companies who wish to benefit from the available investment opportunities are requested to prepare an "Expression of Interest" to include their area of interest and curriculum vitae of their company; highlighting its technical and financial competencies and qualifications. Submittals should be mailed to: email@example.com