|Closing date: Aug 24, 2019||Category: Civil Engineering||Reference: T-009|
To provide technical support to the department in the relevant field.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all construction works are performed in strict accordance with the plans and specifications.
- supervise the site tests, such as earthwork, concrete, asphalt etc.
- Maintain a detailed diary of the day’s work activities, issues, work approved or rejected, hours of operation, labor and equipment used, etc
- Coordinate with the contractor’s foreman in charge of the work on a daily basis to advise on the proper execution of the work.
- Coordinate with the other disciplines inspectors and arrange for sampling and testing of satisfactorily completed work, and quality assurance testing of suspect materials.
- Coordinate with the Surveyors to check the line and grade of ready work and completed work for conformance with the plans and specifications.
- Report to the project engineer or quality engineer any failure of the Contractor to perform the work as per the drawings and specifications and to provide good workmanship.
- Preparing inspection reports and site records.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position.
- Act positively and participate in all health and safety issues at site.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualification
- A recognized Diploma in civil engineering or equivalent.
- 6 years’ experience in aspects of road/infrastructure construction supervision on the major road and general infrastructure projects with contractors/consultants.