|Closing date: Aug 24, 2019||Category: Civil Engineering||Reference: T-008|
To provide technical support to the department in the relevant field.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Review and approve project materials according to each related activity with compliance to the project’s requirements.
- Conduct field sampling and testing of materials in accordance with the applicable codes and standards.
- Supervise effective implementation, perform quality inspections with all the site contractors and vendors.
- Ensure contractors and suppliers adhere to quality manual and procedures.
- Participate in construction quality control and Coordinate with site QC Engineers/Inspectors for the resolution of site problems.
- Participate in the site internal and external site audits
- Coordinate with the PICs on all quality issues.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualification
- A recognized Bachelors’ degree in Civil, Geology, Soil or equivalent.
- Experience 3-5 years’ in materials testing & approving on large infrastructure (Roads, Ports, and Buildings) projects with contractors/ consultants.
- Good knowledge of Oman Highway Design Standards, PAWE Standards and other relevant international standards such as ASTM, BS, EN standards.