|Closing date: Mar 19, 2019||Category: Finance||Reference: THR-2|
To develop and maintain accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Verify all invoices received from suppliers are supported by duly approved Purchase Orders, email correspondences and authorizations by the respective Managers prior to processing on the Account Payables system.
- Oversee the activities of the payables and receivables in adherence to internal accounting policies and procedures.
- Oversee the cash disbursements and petty cash accounts and reconciliation of accounts.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare monthly reports.
- Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues.
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Prepare monthly and annual profit and loss, cash flow, balance sheet statements and variance analysis reports for financial management reports and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met, compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including quarterly and annual accounts.
- Ensure accurate and timely quarterly and year end close.
- Review Capital Expenditure and Corporate Budget spends
Required Skills, Experience & Qualification
- More than 2 years in accounting and finance field including, trail balance, budgeting, financial statements, procurement process, internal control.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Professional Qualification in accounting is preferred.