Visa Requirements & Procedures
Immigration and Visa
International visitors to Oman should have valid passports (except GCC citizens who hold valid National ID cards) and most will require a visa for the duration of their stay. Some nationalities and residents of GCC countries may avail the ‘Visa on Arrival’ facility wherever applicable.
Royal Oman Police Visa Immigration Contact Numbers: +968 2336 8858 / +968 2336 0510
All international visitors to Oman (other than GCC Nationals) are required to have visa for the duration of their stay. Immigration and visa issuance is managed the Royal Oman Police. Visitors are requested to check with their nearest Omani Embassy or with their airline for visa requirements.
To obtain a visa, all visitors must have a passport valid for more than 6 months.More Information
Applying for a Visa online
Subject to the successful application for a visa online, passengers are required to retain the reference number when travelling to Duqm. Upon arriving, they should proceed directly to one of the immigration counters, and present their passport and reference number to the immigration officer.
Eligible passengers wishing to apply for a visa online prior to departure, should apply via the following link:Apply Online
Procedure to obtain a tourist visa on arrival
Certain nationalities are eligible to obtain a visa on arrival. Please check with your airline or Royal Oman Police if you are eligible.Apply Online
Passengers not eligible for a visa on arrival will be required to arrange for one prior their travel.
This can be done either through your nearest Omani Embassy, or via a sponsor in Oman.
Please make sure you ahve enough time to obtain the visa.
Passengers travelling for employment, business, or joining family residing in Oman, can obtain a visa through a sponsor in Oman.
- The safety and security of our passengers and visitors is of utmost importance.
- All departing passengers will undergo security baggage screening.
- X-ray machines are in place after immigration departure area.
- Furthermore, all hold (check in) and hand baggage will be X-rayed after check-in.
- All electrical items, such as laptops, mobile phones, cameras, MP3 players, and other entertainment devices may undergo an additional screening.
- Please be prepared to remove your electrical items from the travel case to be X-rayed separately.
- In line with international regulations, only liquid and gel containers of 100ml or less may be taken on board in hand luggage.
- After you have collected your baggage from the carousel, follow the signs to the exit, you will pass through customs clearance (For international Arrivals/Transit Passengers only). At this point all baggage, including hand baggage, will undergo screening. If you have anything to declare, you must declare it when your baggage is x-rayed.